Training + Communications + Healthcare.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced, in-house Production Artist. Equivalent titles at other agencies may include Production Designer, Prepress Artist/Designer, or Senior Graphic Designer.
We're looking for high-potential people who feel constrained and uninspired in their current role and are ready for accelerated opportunity beyond formal tracks.
Flywheel (flywheelpartners.com) is a fast-growing creative communications agency that supports top healthcare companies with strategic consulting and innovative marketing and training services. Our clients are pharmaceutical, medical device, and biotech ventures that seek more effective engagement with their customers. Flywheel helps make that happen.
We are intelligent, intense, and inspired and are looking for the right people to help take our business to the next level. Flywheel is headquartered in New York with satellite operations in the Boston area. This position is for our NYC office.
- Editorial graphic design and layout of print and digital copy-heavy materials
- Collaborate closely with content developers to develop visually compelling training materials (similar examples include magazine layouts and textbooks)
- Collaborate closely with art directors and other designers, and coach junior designers
- Develop visual style and branding for training projects based on client and training needs
- Source or develop icons and illustrations that demonstrate concepts based on the provided content
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for production or client release
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Prepare files for digital or print release, including preflight, prepress, and packaging
- Prepare assets for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Maintain knowledge of client styles, preferences, and requirements; provide a sense of consistency and continuity over time
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with the project team and client
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
You will collaborate with a team of smart and friendly people. You will take ownership of your work and be constantly challenged. You will learn to manage others. If you rise to the challenges of your position, you will grow personally and professionally, do more, and be rewarded.
Job offers competitive pay with benefits based on experience and qualifications.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
We seek highly motivated individuals with a track record of professional achievement who can bring intellectual curiosity, determination, and creativity to our client work.
You must have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related area
- 3-5 years of agency experience in graphic design and print/digital production
- Editorial design experience
- Healthcare agency experience a plus
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates clear knowledge of print/digital production and design
- High proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficient in InDesign: master pages, paragraph/character/object stylesheets, and formatting tables
- Proficiency in creating charts and graphs, and designing infographics and icons
- Ability to create PowerPoint template following a style guide
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior organization skills
- Exacting attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and develop team talent and skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Word is strongly preferred as well as a curiosity for technology
- Ability to work on a high-performance, fast-paced team in a constantly changing work environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry is beneficial